6.20.2007

on listening and swimming


©kjm

Marilu and I went to see the Canadian band Great Lake Swimmers last night at Modified Arts in Phoenix. They couldn't have been farther from a Great Lake, but it was a sweet show, with natural comparisons to the music of both Will Oldham and Neil Young. Recently, John Loomis and Melissa Lyttle both posted interesting questions about the link between music and photography. While watching the band, I was trying to conjure up an image that might represent the sounds I was hearing. The photo would have to be a bit sad, rural, and with a hidden, earnest story to tell. I'm not sure the photo above does the music justice, but I suppose there are bonus points for having been shot in Canada. Maybe if you can imagine a little wind on your face, that'll help.

No comments: