3.25.2008

a book(let)
























© kjm

For your consideration, a booklet and print.

This is something new for me, inspired by similar projects by online galleries and other photographers and unique to the wide reach and accessibility of blogs. I think the diminutive term "booklet" fits my offering well - both in the size of the piece and the spirit in which the pictures were created - these are small observations. (Besides, I feel kind of old when I hear myself say "zine.")

The thirty-eight color and b/w pictures are mostly singular images that I made and posted here on the blog, and not work from my larger projects (Camp Home, Early Places, or Fast Food).

Edition: 150 pairs available (54 remaining). Title: 38. Saddle stitched, 6x6". Print title: Cemetery Flowers, Fish Creek, Wisconsin. Digital c-print on Fuji crystal archive matte paper, 7x5.5".

Price: $27.00 (plus shipping)





13 comments:

Unknown said...

Really cool, Kevin -- congrats! Consider me first in line. I have something similar in the works, if I can only finish getting my head around it.

Anonymous said...

Interesting. Looks great. Can you describe your bookmaking process? Did you print and bind the book yourself?

Kevin J. Miyazaki said...

John L,
Thanks, though Don in Las Vegas beat you to the punch. Can't wait to see a book coming from JLPFL!
Hope all's well with you.

Kevin J. Miyazaki said...

John W,
The book was printed by a local printer here in Milwaukee, and it's a saddle stitched binding (stapled). I love the look of a perfect bound binding, but in the end, you just can't open it up flat to see the pictures well (at least at this size). As for the pictures, I made small 6x6 paper prints and worked at arranging/adding/trashing/adding more in my studio, until I had what I thought was the right combination and order. It was fun and agonizing at the same time...

avs said...

can't wait, just ordered mine!

Anonymous said...

Kevin -
Can I buy one direct from you rather than using paypal?

Kevin J. Miyazaki said...

Hi Sonja,
FYI, you can also use a credit card from that checkout page - but since I know how to track you down, you can send me a check :) Thanks!

avs said...

the print is gorgeous. the presentation so super simple and beautiful. I am thrilled I won one.

Anonymous said...

This looks beautiful.

Anonymous said...

i got mine as well, very nice indeed, thanks again kevin,

Grant Harder - Vancouver Photographer - portrait, travel and life said...

Thanks Kevin. I received my envelope yesterday. The book is lovely and I can't wait to get the print up on a wall. I am going to hunt for the perfect vintage frame.

Love your work,

Grant

Anonymous said...

a nice idea, and a steal at $27. reading a blog is interesting, but to see and feel the images is what it should be all about

.aryn kresol. said...

i was browsing through the miad library tuesday and i came across this. it made me smile. i have my own copy at home.