1.28.2008

tell me about



















© uncle kjm

While on Maui, I spent a day with Dick and Eiko, old family friends, who I hadn't seen in many years. They were close friends of my parents when they were all in their 20's, and later, our families took vacations together. Dick told me some nice, old stories about my Dad - how he helped them get settled in Minneapolis, about many hours fishing with him, and about his generosity.

It made me think of the picture above, made this past Christmas. The three fathers of these kids, along with myself, all grew up within blocks of eachother in the same neighborhood. We're lifelong friends, and talking with Dick got me wondering if there might be a similar conversation 40 years from now - between one of these kids and one of us - telling old stories about their dad as a younger man...

No comments: