10.30.2008

within reach: change



















because someone keeps stealing my yard sign © kjm

I have refrained talking about the election here, for several reasons. For one, my editorial clients include newsweeklies and a certain newspaper of record - and even though most of the publications I work for wouldn't care, my old, straight journalism roots discourage too much public expression. (I had the pleasure of photographing Michelle Obama for one publication, and she was delightful.)

Another reason, and Marilu will confirm this, is that if I started talking about the election, I just might not stop (this would be the "don't get him started" argument). Lastly, though it may not always appear so, I try to keep the focus of this space toward my artwork and the spirit of creation - by myself, and by others.

All that said, this sign in my window reads "Obama/Biden."

No comments: