9.16.2009

i love this photo, #32























Orange Tree / 2009
© Eric William Carroll

I love this photo by the photographer Eric William Carroll. It's one of many beautiful images in the Michael Mazzeo Gallery online exhibition, Arbor.

In the online exhibit, Carroll states, "My images begin at 1:1 scale. I use large, wallpaper-like sheets of light sensitive paper to capture my subject's shadows. My slow, camera-less process is the antithesis of contemporary photographic technology. I am interested in distilling photograph to it's most basic elements of light and timing, in an attempt to minimize form through long exposures. Everyday objects, spaces, and moments are frequent subjects. My art stands as a reminder that human experience, and our memories of it, are transitory and intangible."

No comments: