5.27.2007

wish i were (still) there, #3

©kjm

I'm heading to Spain this week for one of my favorite clients, Virtuoso Life. These two pictures are from my first assignment for them, in the Burgundy region of France. I spent a week on a canal barge, photographing the landscape, food, wineries, and the small local villages. This upcoming trip will be wine-related as well, and I'll be traveling with the writer Jeff Koehler, the author of a wonderful cookbook on paella. Jeff and I met while working together on a story about Barcelona, where he lives with his wife and kids. I can't cook to save my life, but returned from Burgundy with a recipe for gougere (above), a puffy French cheese pastry. Early attempts with Marilu failed to capture the fluffiness (they were more like petite French rocks), but we've since made some great batches.

No comments: