4.29.2008

sweet home



















© kjm

I had a great architecture day in Chicago today.

First off, from a conference room before a portrait shoot, I had a sweeping view of downtown and Lake Michigan. Due to a few unfortunately placed construction cranes, I was left to snap the picture above, looking down on a neighboring building. After the shoot I saw the Building Pictures show at the Museum of Contemporary Photography. My favorite work was by Dionisio González, who makes smart use of digital tools to combine photographs of Brazilian shanty town buildings with sleek, modern architecture. And lastly, I stopped by Prairie Avenue Bookshop, which I'd passed before, but never had a chance to visit. It's an architectural bookstore, with an amazingly large selection. I just brushed the surface, but found some texts relevant to my Camp Home series.

No comments: