9.30.2008

i love this photo, #24
























Road To Shasta
© Erika Larsen

I love this photo by the photographer Erika Larsen. I've been a fan of Erika's work for a while, and really enjoy the gentle but serious nature of her portrait work. This particular picture, from her series One If By Land, embodies for me the emotion that comes from travel - from experiencing a new place for the first time, and for the unknown journey ahead.

About the picture, Erika says, "I was sent on assignment to photograph the spiritual community of Mount Shasta. Mt. Shasta is considered a sacred mountain. Numerous mysterious legends and psychic messages speak of the significance of Mt. Shasta as a place of powerful earth energies. This was the first view I had of the mountain as I was driving towards my hotel. It was like a beacon."

No comments: