7.20.2009

photo.opportunity
















Camp Home pictures (center) at PCNW © kjm

I made a quick trip to Seattle this past weekend (thanks to some airline airfare credit) for the opening of Photo-Op, the group show at Photographic Center Northwest, curated by Jen Bekman.

I packed in a lot - leading off with dinner at the home of an editor friend Marika, her husband Ben and their charming son Oliver. Also invited were their friends Josh and his wife, the photographer Annie Musselman. The next day began with breakfast at the home of fellow Reduxer John Keatley, then a visit with Crista Dix and a peek into her flat files at wall space. Before Jen B.'s lecture, I broke bread and hung out with dear friends Steve and Jen. At the opening, I caught up with Mary and Dave, still more friends from my Cincinnati days. With never enough time to talk, I briefly had the pleasure of meeting Pete Brook and photographers Mary Ellen Bartley and James Luckett. I realized who Katie Baum was too late in the evening, and never had a chance to say hi. The next day, before heading out of town, I drove down to Tacoma (more on that later), grabbed a tasty local cup o' joe, and got a tour of PCNW by gallery director Ann Pallesen.

No comments: