7.01.2011

the chain










nineteen blue things i didn't know i had © kjm; © Simon Winnall

I'm thrilled to have been included in The Chain, the latest online curatorial project by Stuart Pilkington. Participants were asked to submit a theme, which would then be sent to another photographer. The theme I put forward was 'Make an image that references your earliest childhood memory,' to which the British photographer Simon Winnall made the photograph, above.

I was given the the phrase "Go for blue," which had me scratching my head for a few days. I actually don't really like the color, but as a result started noticing how much blue was within the reach of my home environment. I began gathering things and result is this little still life. A departure for me, but incredibly fun to assemble and shoot.

You can see all the work here.

No comments: